bloomingbeing

a 18 year old teen gaining control of her body... NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Monday 2/13/06

Yay! 181.5! I am so going to be under 180 next week! I haven't seen those numbers for a long time :) So I've officially lost the first ten pounds, which were mentally a lot harder than I expected, but I feel so much better now. The portions have def. been smaller, I've been trying to incorporate the excercise as often as possible, and the best thing is that if I'm craving something bad, I'll let myself have some, but not go CRAZY. Like right now, im craving some valentine's day treats, so only AFTER my workout, i will stop by the walgreen's and get myself something small and yummy.
Things have been going good overall the last couple of days, I've been avoiding the crazy scale, and I feel alot better after all that rest from when i got sick. Now I'm just looking forward to losing the next ten (technically 11.5) so I can start looking fora prom dress!

**Edit
Just a quick update:
I've decided that since I'm planning on going away this weekend from Friday morning to Sunday night, I don't want to come back and weigh myself the next morning, so I will Friday morning before I leave, and then Monday to see the damage. I'm still planning to work out before i leave and eat carefully all week, so I'm planning to get into the 170's!
ALSO: I made it through two mental blocks today after my first entry. I went to the gym and switched my bike cardio for 15 mins to my first thing, then did weight/abs/ect THEN i was like " I really don't want to do the eliptical...im tired...i was planning to be home already and the damn traffic cut me short"...but I FORCED myself on the damn thing and told myself how good I was going to feel. And after i did that, my ipod died almost immediatly, but i kept going! AND i did more than the 20 mins i had set b/c i wanted to make sure to burn at least 200 calories, no matter that it took longer than 20 mins. So i really felt fantastic after the workout.
The second awesome thing that happened was that when i went to get myself my treat, all the leftover candy wasn't on sale yet, but i realllllllllly wanted chocolate since i was planning on it and its TOM. So, I'm standing there looking at all the "bad" stuff which is on sale and im like, NOOO must resist, must resist! Then i see lindt dark chocolate on sale....I literally stood there for 10 mins trying to convince myself to just take the dark chocolate and that's it! AND after 10 mins, i finally did it, and walked away with nothing else. Plus, I only had half the serving b/c its 4 blocks of the chocolate, and they're huge! It was VERY good though, i see now why everyone says dark chocolate is so much better than the other crap. You really do appreciate it once you cut out all the other crap.
So it was really a good day. Except for some pretzels and half a bagel, i ate and drank awesome stuff. And the bagel and pretzels were accounted for, burned off, and limited, so I am a happy happy girl. It's ten o'clock, but I'm tired and all that extra sleep last week did wonders, so I'm going to try and continue that. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home