bloomingbeing

a 18 year old teen gaining control of her body... NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Putting it all together

So this is my second week of great exercising....4 days last week and twice so far this week, with another workout planned for tomorrow and friday.
Gold's has a couple of free training sessions when you sign up, and im a bit worried.
The stuff the trainer has me doing is so much lighter then i do by myself, so im wondering if when i work out......that im burning myself out and then thats why i quit after a few weeks? When i go to the gym i spend b/t an hr and a half to two there each time....about 30-40 mins cardio (split between bike and eliptical) and the rest on free weights/machine weights/stretching and abs on ball, ab roller etc.
I really do think i push myself harder when i workout on my own, but it hasn't really made a difference. Maybe right now i just need to work on finding a good medium, and finding a way in which i don't make myself feel that i have to do EVERYTHING every time i work out. My trainer has shown me a lot of new stuff, so i just need to break it down to two or three routines i can rotate.....that way when the weight starts dropping, there will be a place for me to work harder, where i won't need to spend 3 or 4 hrs there to get a good workout!

In addition, the food is still horrible, but what worries me is that i dont really seem to care.
I think the worst part is that i dont get out of my house until 2 or 3 everyday, where im either off to work or the gym. I sleep till about 11 (i know, lazy but hey its my last summer before college!) then watch tv and go online, and eat some kind of junk which then throws the rest of my day off. I think if i started the day off nutriously, it would carry on.
I'm also going to start going back to drinking less crap and more water. I was doing quite well and then just got lazy, b/c i do need to think about it to actually do it.

Right now, its all about getting the pieces right and letting it happen gradually. I think my friend (who lost about 40 pounds) is right.......just do it, don't overanalyze and worry about it, just do it.

So here's the plan for the rest of the summer:

-Start getting up and doing things instead of wasting time: ie, cleaning out all the crap in my room before i leave for school little by little, and maybe mix up gym time with some time at the park
-Plan out the hanging out for city/beach/six flags/see everyone going to dif. schools
-Continue working out 4 times a week- but break it down into a few routines to rotate and not overwork myself
-Look into a pilates or yoga class
-Drink more water and cut down on the diet coke...which i still only drink at work really, but more than i need to
-Conciously work on eating better
-Find a creative outlet that i can continue once i get to school

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home