bloomingbeing

a 18 year old teen gaining control of her body... NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Working things out

So yay, according to the scale today, i managed to drop the pound i gained, and i think also another one...im not exactly sure lol, i badly need to buy a digital scale...

This week, I'm focusing on just my eating habits. I think that whenever i start to try and excercise and eat 100% right all the time, i just get way in over my head, and drop the ball way too quickly, and then get discouraged and the viscious cycle starts all over again. So just this week, I'm only focusing on the food aspect. I'm going to try and hit the gym a couple of times this week, but if it doesn't happen, then no biggie. I've got to let go of the as-soon-as-i-make-a-mistake-its-over mentality. I'm just hurting myself with that. So with the food, I'm focusing on smaller portions, better choices, more water, and to give myself at least three hours between food and bed. That's all i really have to do...Thankfully, i don't need to go on some strict regiment 1200 calories a day regiment, at least not from what i've done to drop weight in the past...

Yesterday was a good eating day overall. At work in the morning i had a cup of cereal with regular milk, then at lunch i had a crossant (i haven't had one of those in forever, so oh well) a little bit of greek salad that tasted like crap so i didn't eat it at all, and a cup of tomato rice soup. Then at night i went out to dinner with my friends for a birthday, had an iced tea and a water, then ate a little bit of calamari and a sandwich with 1/2 the fries. Def. not the best choices, i know i should have gone for a salad, but then when we decided to get dessert, i knew i didn't really want anything at all and didn't have anything! In the past, i've always gotten something, just to eat, even if i didn't want anything. I've finally started to learn to listen to my body to see if its actually hungry, instead of just stuffing myself to the gills. I know that for me to lose the weight (esp. in the beginning) its not even what i eat (as long as i cut out the complete crap like cake, ice cream, candy, chips ect) but more how much i eat. That's really how i gained all this weight...i don't eat much pasta, bread, potatos ect, I just used to eat such HUGE portions.

I've also realized that as long as im continously dropping weight, its not even important for me to set a date for when i need to lose the weight. I know i said graduation before, but as long as I hit goal at some point during the summer before i leave for school, then I'm going to be happy. As long as the numbers on the scale never go up again, then im good. (And a pound here or there is ok, because i know that water weight and whatnot will affect that). I also know that mentally, as soon as i keep seeing a decrease in that number, i will WANT to work out even more and put more effort into the weight loss because i will want to get to goal even faster.

I'm feeling really good about doing this at a normal, managable pace for me. I'm not going to let this take over my life. If i can lose a couple of pounds a week, then im golden.

Edit:
I've been feeling a little sluggish, and I've been wondering why, but i've realized that its b/c its TOM, and duh, its started. It's nice to see that even with that, im losing some weight :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home