bloomingbeing

a 18 year old teen gaining control of her body... NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

Friday, December 30, 2005

Taking notice...

Just a quick note before I go to finish putting up my "new years tree" (note: long standing weird russian tradition, and very late at that! But alas, better late than never!)

My eating was quite decent today, probably for the first day in a loooong time. I had half of my greek salad/ beef gyro wrap left over from work last night, 3 pcs. of chocolate that i really didn't need, some sushi for lunch, and then i went out for dinner with a friend to cali. pizza kitchen and split a half salad and a pizza with her. Still a lot of food, but i am content and not STUFFED! Usually, i tend to order meals that have a lot of food with them b/c i feel that i need to get my moneys worth. I really need to stop doing that, and work on portion control...my eyes are def. bigger than my stomach! Once I start school again next week, I'm def. going to try and set up a better routine for myself now that i have the hols and all my college app stuff out of the way. I need to get myself to the gym again- which isn't that hard once i start going thank god.
I will admit that i "fell off the wagon" a bit in the second half of December, but the difference here is that i still believe that i CAN do it- face it, if i don't believe it, than who ever will??
Also, I think that if i set up smaller goals for myself than my HUGE 50 lb weight loss goal, than it will be much easier for me to work at it. I'm going to set up some short listed goals and rewards(that don't have to do with food!) that i can look forward to. Also, I need to find some ideas for things i can do with friends instead of going out to eat. I feel like that's ALL that we do around here!

I also wanted to get some suggestions on whether people think that i need to find a set "diet routine" and stick to it, or i can do an "eat right and just excercise" deal, and what has worked better for others. I know that I'm damn lucky, even though my body is clearly not in the best of shape, once i get on the right track, since im pretty young, the lbs (or inches, ill take whatever!) should start coming off. I figure that i can't just take an "oh eat right and work out a bit"attitude...its not ten lbs i need to lose afterall, but i think it would work if i just have a set list of all things i can't eat...ie, candy, all white bread, starch soups, fried food ect. i should be okay...once i get to calorie counting and whatnot it just seems so over my head...

So yes, any comments are dearly appreciated! Have a VERY happy and healthy start to your new year, and remember, no resolutions! Just plans! Plans for a better, healthier, and happier you!

-milana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home